Sunday, June 06, 2010

I Hear Thunder

When you see towering clouds like in this photo, it means a thunderstorm is coming. 

Thunder woke me up early today. If your children are scared of thunder, remember this nursery rhyme sung to the tune of "Frère Jacques," or "Are You Sleeping?":

I hear thunder, I hear thunder, (stomp feet on the floor)
Hark, don't you, hark, don't you? (put hands to your ears)
Pitter-patter raindrops, (wiggle your fingers for raindrops)
Pitter-patter raindrops,
I'm wet through, (shake your body like a wet dog)
So are you! (point at each other, tickle)


Here are the words for 'Are You Sleeping?':

Are you sleeping? Are you sleeping?
Brother John, Brother John,
Morning bells are ringing, Morning bells are ringing.
Ding, dang, dong, Ding, dang, dong.
And here is the French rhyme:
Frère Jacques, Frère Jacques,
Dormez-vous? Dormez-vous?
Sonnez les matines! Sonnez les matines!
Ding, dang, dong. Ding, dang, dong.
And a video:



It is said that in the background of the Beatles' song Paperback Writer one can hear George Harrison and John Lennon singing Frère Jacques. I can't, but let me know if you've seen or heard a version where it can be heard. Anyway, I put hear the Fab Four singing Rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...